Can Emburse Cards be used Internationally?
Yes, Emburse Cards cards can be used internationally wherever VISA and Mastercard cards are accepted.
What is the Foreign Transaction Fee for Emburse Cards?
Emburse Cards have no foreign transaction fees for purchases using the currency listed in your Emburse Cards account, but there will be a cross-border fee if the merchant's system is linked to a different country—even if the transaction is made in your currency.
- Example: A US-based card is used in the Bahamas for a charge in USD. No foreign transaction fee is charged, but there is a cross-border fee of .80% + $.30.
For purchases made in a currency other than the one listed in your Emburse Cards account, transaction fees are charged by Emburse's issuing processor.
- Example: A US-based card is used in the Bahamas for a charge in BSD. A .20% foreign transaction fee is added to the cross-border fee for a total of 1% + $.30.
The combined foreign transaction and cross-border fees for charges made in a currency other than the one listed in your Emburse Cards account are as follows:
- US-based Emburse Cards accounts: 1% + $.30 per transaction
- EU-based Emburse Cards accounts: 1% + €.30 per transaction
- UK-based Emburse Cards accounts: 1% + £.30 per transaction
Fees will be billed to your account balance in a single lump sum for all foreign transactions during your billing period.
What method does Emburse Cards use to convert the foreign currency rate to USD?
Interbank Exchange Rate